1/31/13

Green Pancakes

I'VE GONE MAD!!!

I made another absurdly green recipe.

Today's green recipe comes from (never)homemaker. I shook it up a bit with oat flour, cause I like a hearty pancake. These taste great and are packed full of nutrition! Would be good for kids or St. Patrick's day. Or just me.


Green Pancake Mix
8-10 pancakes

1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. oat flour (oats pulsed into a flour consistency)
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp flax meal
2 c. fresh spinach
pinch salt

Pulse all ingredients in a large food processor, until it looks like green flour.

This can store in the fridge for up to 2 days. I recommend that you just make a ton of pancakes, then reheat for a few days.



To turn these into pancakes, first make the wet ingredients:

Wet Ingredients
1 large ripe banana, mashed
1 c. milk of choice - unsweetened, unflavored almond or soy are my choices
1 tbsp brown sugar for sweetness!



Stir in the green mix and then toss in 1/3 c. fresh blueberries and 1/4 c. chopped walnuts or whatever you like in your pancakes.


Cook on a skillet sprayed with cooking spray like you would any ol pancake.


I promise, these don't take like spinach. Stop looking at me weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment