You can scramble them, microwave them in a mug, make them into an omelette, or do what I did this morning and make a little makeshift frittata thingy.
Here's the deets!
Egg Whites Florentine with Quinoa
5 WW P+
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tsp EVOO
- 1/4 c. cooked quinoa
- 1/2 c. egg whites
- 1 oz. fat free feta
- 1/4 c. cherry tomatoes
- Salt and Peper
- In a good nonstick pan, heat oil
- Saute spinach until wilted
- Add quinoa, stir, and distribute in pan evenly
- Reduce heat to medium
- Add egg whites - DO NOT STIR - just let the egg whites settle in around the quinoa and spinach
- Top with feta and cherry tomatoes
- Cover for 3-5 minutes until eggs are all set!
- Season with S & P
This meal is super filling and a delicious and nutritious way to start your day. You can use this recipe as a template for other combos, too. For example, brown rice, kale, and parmesan or broccoli, brown rice, and cheddar. Use whatever you have in the fridge! The trick is a good nonstick pan and the patience to not fuss with your eggs. If you fuss, you get in the way of the nice crispy browned layer that keeps the eggs and the pan from sticking together.
Eat with a piece of fruit and a gallon of coffee and you should be good and energized all morning long!