- Vegan Yogurt
- Pumpkin Spice Protein Bar (which was later smothered in PB)
- Banana and blueberries
The recipe uses silken tofu, soy milk, lemon juice, banana, and maple syrup. I used agave syrup instead and divided the recipe into 4 containers for the week. These servings are 2 WW P+ each. This is comparable to normal yogurt, and a pretty good deal!
Before I left the house for my internship, I threw dinner in a crock pot.
Slow cooker seitan carnitas a la Mama Pea!
And if you're thinking "EW WTF IS SEITAN. sounds evil" then rest assured this recipe would be excellent with chicken, pork, or beef. Ps Seitan is like tofu, but from wheat. It's like 100% gluten, so don't attempt this recipe if you are gluten intolerant.
Here's the recipe:
Slow Cooker Seitan Carnitas
a la Mama Pea
for 4 - 4 WWP+ each
- 2 8 oz packages seitan
- 1 c. vegetable broth, divided into 1/4 c. and 3/4 c.
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2/3 c. organic salsa
- If you're using seitan, brown the seitan in a lightly oiled frying pan just until you get a bit of color on the "meat"
- Dump in to a slow cooker
- Deglaze pan with 1/4 c. vegetable broth, then add broth and bits to crock pot
- Add all other ingredients to crock pot
- Cook on low for 6 hours
- If you use real meat you can skip the browning step and go ahead and crock pot the raw meat for 8 or so hours on low
After internship, there was lunch:
- Open face meatless meatloaf sandwich
- Salad with edamame and snapea crisps
- Honeycrisp apple
- Red Zinger tea
And after an afternoon kettlebell workout and a bit of homework, I got to enjoy that seitan carnitas.
- Two Seitan Carnitas tacos topped with avocado
- Vegetarian refried beans
- Spanish brown rice (brown rice, tomato sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, corn)
- Salad with vegan cheese and salsa
Seriously GOOD tacos.
I think I promised you some info on Black Bean Brownies.
You GOT it.
The recipe for Black Bean Brownies came from Habby Herbivore.
What happens when you cross black beans, bananas, oats, cocoa, and some other stuff?
3 WW P+ brownies!
They're fudgy and moist and fix that chocolate craving in a snap.
And they're super easy. You just blend all the ingredients in the blender, pour into a pan, and bake. And there is no flour (just oats), so the recipe works well for people who are off gluten.
So that is all she wrote for Vegan Day Two!