|source: kim's iphone.|
So today, in excitement for my Denver family visit, I made Jack-attack's baked oatmeal. Shout out!
|my favorite picture of jackie // kameron ahler|
One time when my awesome studio apartment was being fumigated, Sprinkles the cat and I took up residency at Jackie's awesome studio apartment. And like a good mom, Jackie made me breakfast. It was the world's most delicious version of oatmeal you will ever eat. So I have recreated it today with a few healthy omissions and substitutions. Just as delicious as Jackie's!
9 Servings - 4 WW P+ each
- 3 cups uncooked oats
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 c. unsweetened natural applesauce
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In one bowl, combine oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon
- In another bowl, combine eggs, sugar, almond milk, melted coconut oil, applesauce, and vanilla
- Combine the two bowls and mix until incorporated
- Pour into a greased 9x9 glass baking dish
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Eat with fresh fruit and more almond milk poured over the top
I topped mine with blueberries and banana.
You could make this recipe with any milk you choose, but I think the almond milk adds a little nutiness. Also, feel free to use vegetable oil instead of coconut oil, but again, I think it adds a little extra flavor.
You could also mix fruit into the mixture before baking. If I recall correctly, Jackie mixed in dried apricots and blueberries and it was bomb.com