8/14/11

Blog One.

I have a lot of anxiety about writing my first blog post. To be honest, I have a lot of anxiety about a lot of different things, some even more trivial than the content of my first blog post. I suppose a reader could assume my propensity for trivial anxiety by simply reading this blog's title: Recipes for a Quarterlife. I'm at one of those points in life where you need to make some serious decisions. This particular juncture happens to be right at my quarterlife (assuming I make it to 100, minus a few months, though really I'd prefer to make it all the way to 100 if I happen to make it to 99 and some change).

It's not as dramatic as this quarterlife. Not even close.

At this point, I need to really decide what it is I want to do with my life, or at least which highway I'm merging on to next. I'm starting business school this fall, moving to my hometown, and performing a hard restart on all systems.  I don't know where I'm going to end up, but I suppose that's part of the fun and I will just need to let go of that anxiety here and now. Easier said than done.

Though my life is undoubtedly changing professionally and socially, there are two things I know about myself that are not changing. Those are my love of food and fitness. (Most likely not in a clinically recommended ratio!) My therapy is standing in the kitchen and cooking an extensive meal that nonetheless leaves a giant pile of dishes. Exercise takes a very close second to the satisfaction of cooking and sharing a healthy home cooked meal. Finishing a thorough and challenging workout is an accomplishment that cannot be taken away (unlike overcooking chicken).

And that's what this blog is all about: sharing my favorite recipes, my kitchen and culinary adventures with you, whoever you may be. My foodscapades might be sprinkled with workouts, or with whining, or with ranting, or with annoying recaps of my day. Or none of the above. They might be ugly cell phone shots of my cat, a rough draft of a term paper, or a simple list (I do love lists). Let's just play it by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment