|i don't know what this is, but i want it. source|
My BFFFFFFFforever Ruchipants lives in NYC by a huge cheese shop, which is one reason I shouldn't ever go visit her. We'd never leave the cheese shop.
Problem is, cheese usually pairs super well with straight-up-bad-for-you-no-nutrition carbs. Like cheese and crackers. Mac and cheese. Grilled cheese. Pizza. Pizza. PIZZA.
No no no no NO. You silly little white bread nutrition-less carbs aren't stopping me from eating pizza.
Another problem with pizza is that no matter where you get it, you're never going to find a slice for less than 6 WW P+. Now for those of you with bodies that aren't soft and round (i mean those of you with self-control), I must explain that 6 points is a lot. That's like, a 1/4th-1/5th of my day. And come on, WHO just eats one piece of pizza.
So I present to you: white-nutritionless-carb-less pizza that is TWO points per slice. You're welcome.
2 WW P+ per slice
Makes 2 8-slice pizzas
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. light mexican blend shredded cheese
- 3/4 c. light shredded mozzarella
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded light mozzarella
- your favorite pizza veggies
- canadian bacon if you so desire
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Rice or grate the raw cauliflower into a large microwave safe bowl
- I used a cheese grater and it worked great
- Microwave cauliflower on high for 8 minutes
- Remove from microwave and let cool, stirring occasionally to assist in the cooling process
- After 10 minutes, add all other crust ingredients to the bowl and mix well
- On two cooking sheets sprayed with cooking spray, divide cauliflower mixture evenly
- Form into 12" or so circle
- Bake for 10 minutes, switch the pans, and bake another ten (unless you have a really reliable oven and can do this without switching the pans. Good for you. )
|i have white balance problems. oops.|
- Remove crusts from oven, top with sauce, cheese, and veggies
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melty and toppings are hot
- Slice with a pizza cutter or knife and serve!
Pair two slices of this with a big caesar salad and you won't be missing that bread. TWO POINTS each!