So when I made these crazy good, filling, delicious, peanut-y oats, I thought of elephants.
- 1/3 c. multi-grain oats
- 1/3 c. nonfat, plain soy milk
- 1/3 c. water
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp crushed peanuts
- 1 banana, sliced
- PB/Yo Cream: 2 tbsp greek yogurt, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 2 tsp agave syrup, mixed together
- Heat milk, water, and salt to a boil
- Add oats and cook until how you like your oats
- Add cinnamon, flax, and chia
- Dish up and top with toppings!
Easy peasy lemon squeazy! Chia and flax fill you up like nobody's business, so if you have a long morning ahead of you, I recommend this meal. It has carbs, fiber, protein, and fat to keep you going into the early afternoon. The PB/Yo cream adds tang and sweetness and lightens up the peanut butter, which would be otherwise caloric.
Bonus: it's vegetarrriiiaaannnnn!! Leave off (or sub) the yogurt and it's vegan!