Rosemary, Beet, and Goat Cheese Pizzettes
- Pre-made wheat pizza dough, divided into eights and stretched out into 5" pizzettes (thank you trader joe's!)
- Cooking spray
- 8 oz. goat cheese, cut into 1 oz. pieces
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 beets, peeled and sliced 1/4" thick
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Placed peeled and sliced beets on cooking sheet sprayed with cooking spray
- Roast for 10 minutes, or until softened but still a bit al dente
- Spray another cookie sheet with cooking spray and place pizza dough
- Sprinkle about 1/2 tsp rosemary on each pizza
- Par cook for 4 minutes
- Remove from oven, top with 2-3 slices of beet and 1 oz of goat cheese
- Return to oven for 5 minutes
- Remove from oven, serve while piping hot!
|Fresh from the garden!|
I served the pizzettes with a simple arugula, asparagus, and tomato salad with lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper for the dressing.
Lemony Asparagus, Arugula, Tomato Salad
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 3/4 bag of arugula from trader joe's (precise, huh?)
- 2 tomatoes of your choice, cut into wedges (I used yellow farmers market tomatoes)
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- Pot of boiling water with 1 tsp salt
- Ice bath
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Trim woody ends off of asparagus (I leave the rubber band on and just move it to the end so I don't have to pick up all the tiny pieces of asparagus. Then put a rubber band around the good parts off the asparagus for easy handling while blanching.)
- Blanch the asparagus in salted boiling water for about 10 seconds. It will turn bright green. Immediately remove and shock in an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Cut cooled asparagus into 2" pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss asparagus, arugula, and tomato with lemon juice, EVOO, salt, and pepper to taste
|Leave the rubber band on when cutting off|
|Weirdest lemon ever.|
|Re-rubber band for easy handling in the hot water.|
|Left: blanched. Right: raw. See the diff?|
|I squeeze over a fine strainer to avoid seeds.|
|Fresh and flavorful!|
Clearly we hated the entire meal:
To the dog park I go! Happy Friday!