9/8/11

Hippity Hop

Wow! I have been busy like a bunny!

Yeah, like that.

New job, school, keeping doggy entertained, trying to fit in workouts, homework and oh, sleep!
I love sleep. Siggghhhhh....

I work at 7:30 which is early for someone like me who likes to wake up early, take the dog for a walk, COOK breakfast, watch a little bit of the Today show, drink 2-10 cups of coffee... And then it's GO GO GO til about 10 PM! This is probably a reality for 95% of people, but i'm just coming down from a stint with unemployment, so bear with me, peeps.

Luckily, I found a quick and easy breakfast that keeps me full and energized and is also portable! I tend to see smoothies as a big waste of calories because I end up hungry in an hour, but not this one! PS- protein powder is NOT an option: 1. I don't work out enough to warrant protein powder and 2. It makes my tummy hurt.

This smoothie will transition well into Fall because of the pumpkin flavor. Yum!

Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cocoa Power Smoothie


Ingredients

  • 1 banana, cut into 1" slices and frozen (<--- preferred, but fresh works, too)
  • 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tbsp creamy natural peanut butter
  • 1/2 tbsp agave syrup to less to taste
  • 1/4 c. pure pumpkin puree (not pie filling!!!)
  • 1 c. soy milk
  • 1/2 c. ice
  • dash of cinnamon
  • splash of vanilla extract
  • water as needed to thin out smoothie
Directions
  • Put all ingredients in blender
  • Blend . .  .
  • . . . until you don't hear ice chunks
  • Pour in wonderful to-go cup
  • Drink
  • Yummmm


Today I made it with no cocoa and extra pumpkin and cinnamon for a super pumpkin-y flavor. This smoothie has lots of fiber from the banana and pumpkin, protein from the PB and soy, and tons of vitamins from all of the above. You could further superfood it up by stirring in a tablespoon of chia seeds. I do NOT recommend blending with chia seeds unless you want to scrub gummy little chia seeds off of your blender blades. Personal experience. Still annoyed.



And now I must read read read! I have not gotten to the oven baked chicken that I bought corn flakes for three weeks ago. And I have not had time to make a cocktail for cocktail time. I pay people to do that for me.

It's only been three days of my new schedule, so I'm getting used to it. Hopefully recipes will be flying out of my butt more rapidly soon!!!

Night Night Sleep Tight! yeah, it's 8:52. what.

2 comments:

  1. I need that to-go cup. I could shave 16.5 minutes off of my morning routine. My cup will have a green monster, maybe I'll try this one. I prep everything except the liquid and frozen items the night before (in my case, greens and flax) so it's even quicker in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this... when is the cook book coming out???

    ReplyDelete