9/15/11

Product Placement

Hi! My name is Busy.

I hardly have any time for you, blog-a-boos, but I ate a deRicious dinner and we should talk about it.

It started with "Not Vegan Vegan Caesar Dressing" adapted from OhSheGlows, the very best blog on the internet. The recipe started off vegan, but I have a cheese addiction, so... Yeah.

It went like this (visually), cause I don't have time to italics and bolds and bullets and all that jazz.

In a food processor (or a Ninja!), emulsify 1/2 c. water, 1/3 c. fresh lemon juice, and 2 tbsp EVOO.

Before. 

After. 


Add in a heaping 1/2 c. raw cashews, 1 clove of garlic, salt, pepper, and 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese.





Then stick it in the fridge for about 20 minutes. It will thicken up from the cashews absorbing the moisture.

I really loved this dressing, and it made a TON of dressing. Leftovers! Probably won't keep that well for long, though.

Here's the thing. I'm still getting into this grad school swing of things. Yeah, I'm busy. I work 30 hours of week. Luckily my very short commute only takes about 2 maximum hours total a week. I have 9 hours of class a week, plus 2 hours total per week commuting there and back. I try to exercise at least 5 hours a week. At least. I like to sleep 8 hours a night, or 56 hours a week. I eat three meals a day. That's 11 hours per week of eating. At least! (Ps. maybe I should workout more hours than I eat... just a thought?) My dog needs 2 walks per day. I totally short her and take her on sad fifteen minute walks. That's about hours a week. It takes me half an hour to get dressed and do my makeup in the morning. You should see me before that routine... That's about 4 hours. I require showers in the evening. They take at least 1 hour a total per week. I once read that the average woman spends 1.5 hours a week using the... ahem... facilities. I drink a LOT of water. Let's make than 2. Too much?

That leaves roughly 42 hours a week to do what I want. That sounds nice. If I'm productive 6 hours per days on the weekend, that leaves 30 hours during the week for me to get stuff done, or 6 hours per day. Yet somehow I end up with like 3 hours a day MAX to get my life in order. Can someone explain how that works out, please? Where did those precious hours go?

Sigh.

Back to product placement.

Sometimes you have to accept help where you can get it. And tonight, mine was in the grocery store.


This Tofurky Italian sausage was "amazeballs". I'm tired and saying stupid things.

Getting crispers!

DeRicious.
If you haven't tried that version of the Giada pasta sauce, (I got it at Target), you need to go buy it NOW. It is yummmyyyyy!!!

I'm going to go do homework now and lament over how much I miss you, my little blog of mine. My, my time flies when you're having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment