1/12/13

Remember me?

It's been four months since my last blog. Forgive me.


I've been kinda busy.


A bunch has happened. Got a degree, moved, got a job, lost a pet. All pretty big deals (to me).

So here it is another new year. I've got resolutions that include doing this blog thing sometimes (among many other things). Apparently I feel very resolved this year cause I have a lot of resolutions. None of which I have written done or even typed up. (PS why do we write down and type up?) The resolutions are all in this little head of mine. Maybe they'll make it to the blog. Maybe.

I made you treats (healthy treats!) to make up for all that lost time. And yeah, I shot these with my shitty camera phone, cause I haven't used my camera for umpteen millions days and it's dead. And I don't plan ahead. 

Hot 'n Spicy Chocolate Balls

just kidding.

Raw/No Bake Chocolate Chili Truffles
6 truffles

1/4 c. cashews
pinch o salt
sprinkle o cinnamon
sprinkle o cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
10 pitted dried dates

Add cashews to food processor.


Sprinkle in salt (love my bull terrier salt shaker!)


Sprinkle in spices and flavors.


Add 1 tsp of the cocoa.


And dates.


Process for about 20-40 seconds.


Or until you reach a fine quinoa-like consistency


Scoop out by the loosely packed tablespoon.


Roll into a ball.


And drop into a shallow bowl with remaining 1/2 tsp. cocoa. 


Once all balls are in the bowl, shake the bowl around to coat the truffles.


Pop in the freezer for 1-2 hours to set.



See, I didn't forget about you. I brought you chocolates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment