1/26/13

Veggies for Dessert

Have I gone overboard?

Is this too much?

I mean, come on. Veggies for dessert? For added irony, I am writing this as I watch the most recent Epic Meal Time upload. It's my new favorite youtube channel. Other than Bad Lip Reading.

Did I mention I don't have TV?

Anyway.

Eat yo veggies. It's really quite awesome, especially if you like a good basic green monster. Subtly sweet. Spinach takes on whatever you blend it into, you just have to get over the weird bright green-ness. Speaking of which, remember green ketchup?

Well I feel like this has been sufficiently ADD commentary, so here's the recipe. Let me know if you try it!

Avocado Spinach Coconut Milk Ice Cream
makes about 3 cups

2 ripe avocados
1 can light coconut milk
1 c. unsweetened original soy milk
2 c. fresh spinach
1/3 c. sugar
juice of 1/2 lemon

Stuff all ingredients into a blender. If you have a smaller blender, mix everything but the soy milk, then just whisk that in later in a bowl.




Blend for about 1 minute or until super smooth.


Pour into trusty ice cream maker.


Run for 15-20 minutes, or until it stops churning because it's frozen!


Transfer to a freezer-friendly container and freeze for 2-3 hours. 


When ready to serve, let it sit out for 10 minutes so it may soften for scooping.



I read that you could add 1-2 tbsp of booze to keep frozen treats from freezing too hard. Someone try that and report back. I can't make an entire batch of ice cream for myself. I live alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment