Stuffed peppers are a tricky way of eating half of an entire vegetable while still accommodating the cheese food group. That, my dear friends, is tricky business.
And what's the cheese du jour? BLEU! That bleu cheese, he's a fun guy. Fungi. Get it? I need a vacation.
Stuffed Buffalo Bleu Peppers
6 WW Points Plus+ per peppers <---- new feature of this blog. You're welcome, Aunt Linda!!! :)
Makes 10 peppers
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 6 green bell peppers, two halved and cleaned for stuffing, one diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 c tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp Frank's Red Hot or your preferred buffalo hot sauce
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 20 oz. package of extra lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 c. bleu cheese crumbles
- S&P to T (salt and peper to taste)
- In a large saute pan, saute oil, onion, and diced pepper
- Once softened, add ground turkey and cook til browned
- Add S&P to T
- Add tomato sauce and hot sauce
- Remove from heat and stir in brown rice
- Meanwhile, steam the halved peppers briefly by covering them and microwaving for 3.5 minutes
- Preheat broiler to high
- Put 1 tbsp bleu cheese at the bottom of each pepper
- Pack in 1/2 c. of brown rice/turkey mixture
- Top peppers evenly with remaining bleu cheese
- Broil until golden and bubbly
|Defective pepper. I had to play frankenstein and patch this buddy.|
Why aren't you ALREADY making these? They are so cheesey and still nutritious! Whole grain, vegetables, lean protein, and the ever important cheese food group. Priorities, people. This is your health we are talking about.
Make some pita garlic bread to go with, too, k?