They totally do! This doesn't deter me from eating them, oddly enough. It's funny how brussel sprouts are presented in pop culture as the most detestable vegetable yet they are very popular on menus right now. Probably cause they're so good with bacon. What's not?
I roasted mine with a meyer lemon olive oil, hawaiian sea salt, and fresh cracked pepper.
They really don't need anything more!
Except a squeeze of fresh lemon juice at the end!
Simple Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 4 cups whole brussel sprouts
- 2 tbsp flavorful EVOO
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Clean up brussel sprouts by trimming off the base, splitting in half, and removing any imperfect leaves
- Place in a big bowl and drizzle with EVOO, salt, and pepper
- Toss until well coated
- Spread on to a baking sheet lined with foil (easy clean up!)
- And roast for 30 minutes, flipping sprouts every 10
- When finished roasting, squeeze fresh lemon juice over them and serve
If you don't have a fruity flavorful EVOO, add some lemon zest!
Ps, check out the new Shopping List page on my blog! It's a quick list of go-to healthy foods to have on hand at all times!