My bra is paddy. My burger has a patty.
Tomorrow everybody is Irish.
I wrote that poem myself. You're welcome.
Moving on: cupcakes!
Let's make 'em boozy. Cause hell... why not? Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Guinness Cupcakes with Baileys Glaze
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (one that says it's super moist because there is pudding in the mix)
- 1 bottle + 1/4 c. guinness extra stout, or any other stout or porter that you like
- 1/4 c. Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. guar gum (sounds weird, but it helps thicken and smooth without having to use more sugar)
- green food coloring and sprinkles if you want your mouth to turn green
|mmmm. or you can just have a cold glass of this?|
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a bowl, whisk together cake mix and beer. Nothing else.
- Whisk for two minutes. And just whisk with your own arm, cause you're about to eat a butt ton of cupcakes and you want to burn every calorie you possibly can RIGHT NOW.
- Pour by low 1/4 c. scoops into lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 23 minutes, or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, whisk together irish cream, sugar, and guar gum. Use your muscles!
- When cupcakes are done, remove from pan and let cool at least ten minutes before glazing.
- To glaze, dip cupcakes in glaze and then flip em over.
Because the recipe doesn't use the eggs that cake mixes usually call for, the cake is SUPER moist and soft. These still have that bitter beer taste, which I personally love, but if you're more of a sweet beer person, then try a chocolate porter instead of guinness extra stout. If you don't drink, use coke or root beer or dr pep. Side note, I do NOT like Guinness. Tastes like a dirty trash receptacle in a las vegas dive bar. This extra stout business? DELICIOUS.
And that is how you become Irish for one day.