- 2 bottles of wine in one package
- portability - if you drop it, it won't break!
- awesome little spout that aerates as it pours
Luckily I had dinner to look forward to, cause wine time was hugely disappointing. This one is super flavorful, salty, spicy, sweet, nutty, yummy. Also, healthy! Duh.
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 c. shelled edamame
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/2 c. cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 c. cashews, chopped
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter or cashew butter
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 c. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 2 tsp hot chili sauce
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage, broc slaw, carrots, pepper, edamame, green onion, and cilantro
- In a bowl, combine PB, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, and hot sauce
|almost as good as sriracha|
- If you happen to have an almost empty peanut butter jar, take advantage of it!
- Whisk or shake all ingredients well
- Pour dressing over salad
- Add chopped nuts right before serving
- Serve with a garnish of lime
You could also add protein like grilled chicken or shrimp to make this a complete meal. I had a side of pan fried gyoza and a cup of miso soup. No wine.
I like cashews for their flavor, but also because you can get these bombtastic Thai lime and chili ones from Trader Joes. I die. They taste like tom yum soup... on a cashew. So... they taste like heaven.
Oh! I also learned a new trick. Hopefully I'm not the only idiot with this problem. I always buy ginger root and then forget to use the whole thing. It sits in the fruit drawer of the fridge and rots, or gets so soft and soggy I don't want to use it. Apparently you can store ginger in the freezer! Not only does this preserve it but it also keeps it nice and firm for efficient grating! The more you know...
Now, stop drooling and enjoy your weekend.