3/7/12

Get Your Free Salad Template HERE!

Life's been super stressful recently. I've wayyy overbooked myself and it's go go go. On March's schedule, I am balancing class, internship, 3 vacations, and a project expo at school all while trying to exercise 4 times a week and blog at least 3 times. I'm really sucking on those last two...
So naturally, I don't have time to go grocery shopping and I reallllly don't have time to make anything from scratch. Luckily, you can usually make a meal out of what you have in the fridge and pantry as long as you get a little creative. I've made a salad like this before, but I decided to provide a template for this recipe since it is SO versatile.



Template Salad
 Six servings

Ingredients

  • 3 cups grain/noodle of choice 
    • white rice
    • brown rice
    • wild rice
    • bulgur
    • couscous
    • quinoa
    • orzo
    • mini pasta
    • wheatberries
  • 3 cups chopped fruit and/or veggies 
    • tomato
    • bell pepper
    • cucumber
    • carrot
    • zucchini
    • red onion
    • avocado
    • mango
    • kiwi
    • strawberry
    • grapes
  • 1/4 cup dressing (bottled or freshly made)
    • asian
    • greek
    • oil+vinegar
    • lime juice
    • EVOO
  • 1/4 c. chopped herbs (optional)
    • basil
    • cilantro
    • italian flat leaf parsley
    • dill
  • 1/2 c. cheese (optional)
    • crumbled feta
    • fresh mozzarella
    • extra sharp cheddar
    • goat cheese
  • If you want to make it a one dish meal, then add 2 cups of protein
    • grilled chicken
    • salad shrimp
    • crab
    • cubed steak
Instructions
  • Cook grain according to instructions, let cool.
  • Add other ingredients
  • Serve!
Easy!


I made mine with red onion, tomato, bell pepper, mango, cucumber, and avocado. I dressed it with hot chili oil, EVOO, seasoned rice wine vinegar, and lime juice. Amazing!


I also used Israeli Couscous, which is so yummy, you MUST try it. 

before
after!

No comments:

Post a Comment